At Thunderbolt Casino, your enjoyment is our top priority and, as such, we actively promote Responsible Gaming. Casino action is designed as entertainment and we want you to experience this worldwide pastime as it was intended.
Online Casino Games can be great entertainment, provided you stay in control. We will always endeavour to help you if you find yourself in difficulties, but always remember the use of this site is for entertainment purposes only and should not be used to supplement your income. We suggest deciding on what you believe is an acceptable loss before starting to gamble so that you can remain in control. Also make sure that the decision to gamble is your personal choice.
In our quest to ensure safe and enjoyable gaming, Thunderbolt Casino has implemented various mechanisms and structures to help players who have problems controlling their gaming:
1. Player account closure:
Should a player wish to close his/her account at any time, Thunderbolt Casino will gladly do so, upon request (except for when there are technical barriers in place: such as a pending withdrawal, for example). Players have the option to re- open their accounts upon request, once they feel ready.
2. Player self-exclusion:
Players can contact Thunderbolt Casino at any time to self-exclude for a period of their choice, beginning with one month. The player will then be unable to play for the chosen period, after which he can reactivate his account. Players also have the option to permanently self- exclude themselves from playing at Thunderbolt Casino ever again.
Should anything with regards to a gambling problem be mentioned, Thunderbolt Casino will send players a self- exclusion form, which needs to be filled out and returned to us via email at the players earliest convenience, should the player feel this is necessary.
2. Daily / Monthly deposit limits:
Players can contact Thunderbolt Casino at any time and set daily or monthly deposit limits. These should be guided by your acceptable loss amount as described above.
3. Indications for a gambling problem can be:
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When you run out of money while gambling, do you feel lost and in despair, and feel the need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have gambled?
- Have others ever criticized your gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or personal interests?
- After losing, do you feel you must try to win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
If you have answered “yes” to some of these questions, you may have a gambling problem. If you have answered “yes” to more than 5 of these questions, the problem may be serious. We advise seeking help and guidance via the South African Responsible Gambling Foundation online or directly calling their toll free counselling line on: 0800 006 008.
Remember to contact Thunderbolt Casino if you have any concerns and we will endeavour to assist you.